This is a discussion on Enable or Disable Driver Signing in Windows 7 within the Windows 7 forums, part of the Operating systems category; How to Enable or Disable Digital Driver Signing in Windows 7 Digital Signing of codes is the technique to confirm ...
How to Enable or Disable Digital Driver Signing in Windows 7
Digital Signing of codes is the technique to confirm that the Code is not corrupt or altered by anyone. Also, it confirms about the author of the Code. It provides a wide range of important features. It is most frequently used to provide security while deploying in some languages, it is also used to prevent namespace conflicts. All code signing will implement some sort of digital signatures to authenticate the build system or author, and to authenticate whether the code has been modified or not, by application of checksum. It can also be used to provide information about an object’s version or to store other small data.
When you are trying to install drivers (device drivers) on Windows 7, it’s possible that you might get a message warning related to driver signing of those drivers. However, you can disable this warning message for driver signing by following the below steps.
Steps to Disable Digital Signing on Drivers in Windows 7: -
1. Left Click on Start Menu button, Left Click in Search Space and Type cmd.exe. Right Click the cmd option and Left Click on Run as administrator option.
2. Left Click on Yes button If, prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
3. Type the command exactly in command prompt mentioned below and press Enter key.
bcdedit.exe –set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
You will receive a message that ‘The operation completed successfully'. Then Type another command mentioned below and press Enter Key.
bcdedit.exe –set TESTSIGNING ON
You will receive the same message again for operation completed successfully.
4. Reboot you system to experience the changes. As from now on you will not receive warning messages related to the digital driver signing.
5. However, if you want to Enable digital driving warning message you can follow step 1 to 4 again and exclude the above mentioned commands and use below mentioned commands in place.
bcdedit.exe –set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe –set TESTSIGNING OFF
More Window 7 Articles
Last edited by singhnitesh; 11-06-2009 at 08:44 AM.