iPhones can handle graphic-extensive processes, but I felt that I was pushing my phone to its limit when played Genshin Impact all day. I did some research and found that using a thermal camera was the best way to test its CPU temperature.
I have run through all the methods you can use to fix the problem below.
How to Check iPhone Temperature?
There are 2 ways to check your phone’s temperature, and they include:
By far, the best way to check your iPhone temperature is by using a thermal camera. It’s known for its accuracy and will give you the correct CPU temperature.
To check the body temperature of your iPhone:
- Turn on the Thermal camera
- Point the camera towards the back of your iPhone, then move it around to get a good reading of the body and processor’s temperature
- Then repeat for the screen
- Infrared Thermometer
- 7 Quick Ways To Turn Off Silenced Calls On iPhone
- How To Fix This Message Has Not Been Downloaded From the Server
- [FIXED] Cellular Network Not Available for Voice Calls – 10 Easy Solutions
You can also use an infrared thermometer to find out your phone’s internal temperature. They work similarly to thermal cameras, except that thermal cameras tend to be more accurate. They’re more advanced too.
- Switch on the infrared thermometer
- Point the thermometer toward the back of your iPhone and hold it for a couple of seconds
- Slowly move the device around your phone’s back to get a reading of its body temperature
- Hold and record your mobile screen to find out how hot it is
Why Does My Phone Overheat?
Your iPhone will overheat if you use it in the sunlight, have too many apps running, or have a large app open in the background. The problem can also pop up if you have an old battery installed. This is a big problem for older iPhones, which is why many users upgrade to newer models.
How Do You Cool iPhone When It’s Overheating?
There are quite a few ways an iPhone can overheat. However, getting it to cool down is not too difficult.
- Turn Your iPhone Off: Your iPhone might be overheating if there are a lot of processes running. Close them in one go by turning your phone off. While it shuts down, let it rest for a while. Allow it to cool for up to an hour.
- Take Your Phone Case Off: Whenever you feel that your iPhone is overheating, it’s always a good idea to take off its case. This will help dissipate heat and cool it down.
- Stop Charging: All phones heat up when they charge. However, if you feel like the ambient temperature is higher than it should be, you can stop your iPhone from charging.
- Cool Down Your iPhone CPU: Keeping your phone in a cold room will help cool it down. Let it sit there for about half an hour, switch it on, then check whether the iPhone is still overheated.
What Temperature Does your iPhone Overheat?
There’s no precise temperature that causes your iPhone to overheat. However, in general, Apple advises users not to expose their devices to temperatures above 35 degrees Celcius/95 degrees Fahrenheit.
A good rule of thumb is to avoid placing your iPhone in direct sunlight (especially on a hot day), as it can quickly reach extreme temperatures and get permanent damage.
Once your iPhone gets very hot, its operating system will be affected. The screen will dim, charging will become slow, and the cellular radios will enter a lower state. Your device does this to regulate itself and protect its internal components from the heat being generated.
Answered below are some popular questions.
Does iPhone have a temperature sensor?
iPhones have built-in temperature sensors, but they’re very specific and only notify the internal components about when they heat up.
If you want to check the temperature of your iPhone, you can either use a thermal camera or an infrared thermometer. If you want to know the surrounding temperature, you can use a special third-party tool.
What Happens if iPhones Get too Cold?
Alternatively, you might be wondering what would happen if your iPhone gets too cold. Using an iPhone or iPad in a cold setting will temporarily shorten its battery life and cause it to turn off automatically. The moment you get your phone back to a higher ambient temperature, it will start working normally again.
If it’s very cold, there’s a chance that your device won’t charge. This problem will go away once your phone warms up.
There are two ways that you can check the current temperature of your iPhone. This is done by using complex devices like thermal cameras and infrared thermometers.
Some users assume they can use a temperature app, or the Apple Health app (along with a smart thermometer) to check their phone temperature iPhone. However, you can’t check your iPhone’s temperature through third-party apps.