Have you ever spent hours perfecting a TikTok video, only to accidentally delete the draft and feel like all your hard work vanished instantly? Fear not!
This blog post will explore various methods to Get Your Drafts Back On TikTok If You Deleted It On iPhone.
We’ll discuss possible ways to find those lost masterpieces and even offer tips for preventing future draft mishaps.
- TikTok drafts are automatically saved within the app and can be accessed from the drafts section of your profile. Deleted drafts may still be retrievable by checking the Recently Deleted folder in TikTok or using third-party data recovery software.
- Enabling auto-save and backing up your iPhone regularly are crucial steps to prevent future draft loss. Avoid force-closing the TikTok app to keep drafted videos safe, and consider saving drafts outside of the app in case of crashes or accidental deletion.
- Taking preventative measures like saving drafts frequently and updating the app can help avoid frustration and time-consuming recreations. Backing updrafts to a cloud service like Google Drive or iCloud protects future access from different devices.
Understanding TikTok Drafts
Drafts on TikTok are created and saved automatically while creating a video, allowing users to store their progress and come back to editing later.
How Drafts Work
Creating engaging content on TikTok often requires multiple attempts, edits, and revisions.
The beauty of TikTok’s draft functionality is that you can be in the middle of shooting a video, add some effects or text, and then decide not to post it right away.
Instead of losing your work entirely and starting from scratch the next time you open the app, hitting ‘Save as Draft’ ensures all your changes are intact and ready for re-accessing whenever inspiration strikes again.
Where Drafts Are Saved
As a TikTok user, it’s essential to understand where your drafts are saved to avoid losing them. Drafts on TikTok are automatically saved within the app and can be accessed from the drafts section of your profile.
When creating a video, you can save it as a draft by clicking on the “drafts” button before closing the app or logging out.
Deleted drafts may still be retrievable in some cases. If you’re using an iPhone, there might still be hope – check if your recently deleted folder in TikTok has any recoverable content.
Consequences Of Deleting Drafts
Deleting drafts on TikTok can have several consequences, such as losing creative ideas and wasting time. If you accidentally delete a draft, there is no way to recover it unless it has been saved elsewhere.
Furthermore, frequently deleting drafts can also affect your iPhone’s storage space.
If you constantly create new videos and delete old ones without backing them up or saving them elsewhere, you could eventually run out of space for other important files.
How To Get Your Drafts Back On TikTok If You Deleted It On iPhone
– Check the Recently Deleted Folder in TikTok to see if your deleted drafts are still recoverable.
Check The Recently Deleted Folder In TikTok
One way to recover deleted drafts on TikTok is by checking the Recently Deleted folder within the app.
Here are the steps:
- Open the TikTok app and go to your profile.
- Tap “Drafts” at the center bottom of your screen.
- Scroll down and look for a section called “Recently Deleted.”
- If any videos are in this section, click on them to view or restore them.
- To restore a video, tap on the video and then click “Restore.”
Checking the Recently Deleted folder in TikTok can be an easy and quick solution to recovering lost drafts.
However, it is important to note that these videos will only remain in this folder for up to 30 days before they are permanently deleted from TikTok’s servers.
Therefore, users must act quickly to retrieve their deleted drafts through this method.
Restore From iCloud Or iTunes Backup
One option to recover deleted TikTok drafts on iPhone is to restore them from an iCloud or iTunes backup.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and click on your name at the top.
- Tap on “iCloud” or “iTunes & App Store,” depending on where you have your backups stored.
- Ensure that TikTok is turned on in the list of apps being backed up.
- Connect your iPhone to a Wi-Fi network and go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This will erase all data on your phone.
- After erasing, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup” or “Restore from iTunes Backup” and select the backup file you want.
- Wait for your phone to restore the backup file, including any TikTok drafts that were saved in it.
Note: You must have previously backed up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes for this method to work.
Additionally, restoring from a backup will overwrite any new data added since the backup date, so save any important new information before proceeding with this method.
Use Third-Party Data Recovery Software
You might want to consider using third-party data recovery software if you cannot recover your deleted TikTok drafts through the app or from iCloud or iTunes backup.
Here are some things to keep in mind when using this method:
- Research and choose a reputable data recovery tool that supports recovering TikTok drafts on iPhones.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch the data recovery software.
- Follow the instructions provided by the software to scan for deleted TikTok drafts on your iPhone.
- Preview the recovered files and select the ones you want to restore.
- Save the recovered drafts to a secure location on your computer or directly transfer them back to your iPhone.
While third-party data recovery software can effectively restore deleted TikTok drafts, there’s always a risk of losing more data or potentially damaging your device.
Use this method as a last resort, and be sure to proceed with caution.
Tips For Preventing Future Draft Loss
Enable the Auto-Save feature to ensure your drafts are automatically saved as you create them.
Enable The Auto-Save Feature
I highly recommend enabling the Auto-Save feature on TikTok to prevent future loss of drafts. This feature automatically saves your drafts to your device’s local storage as you create them.
Enabling the Auto-Save feature is simple – go to the TikTok settings and toggle “Auto Save” under the “Drafts” section.
Once enabled, all your future drafts will be automatically saved, giving you peace of mind knowing they’re safely backed up in case anything goes wrong.
Back-Up Your iPhone Regularly
Backing up your iPhone regularly is crucial for preventing the loss of your TikTok drafts and ensuring the safety of all your other important data.
You can back up your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes, and doing so will ensure that you always have a copy of all your files should anything happen to your device.
In addition, backing up your iPhone is essential in recovering deleted content like TikTok videos or stories.
By having a recent backup saved on iCloud or iTunes, you increase the likelihood of being able to retrieve any lost data quickly and easily.
Avoid Force-Closing The TikTok App
I always try to avoid force-closing the TikTok app whenever possible. Not only can it cause drafts to be lost, but it may also affect the performance of my iPhone.
Instead of closing TikTok abruptly, I recommend minimizing the app when you finish using it. This way, your drafted videos, and other content will remain safe and sound until you’re ready to work on them again.
Also, keeping your phone updated with the latest software updates can help prevent crashes that could lead to data loss in apps like TikTok.
Save Drafts Outside Of The App
To prevent the loss of TikTok drafts, one effective strategy is to save them outside of the app. This means downloading videos and saving them onto your phone’s storage or cloud service.
Another option is to use a separate notes app on your phone to jot down any ideas or captions for future videos.
I like to save my drafts on Google Drive and email myself a copy, just in case.
This way, I always have access, no matter my device. It takes some extra effort, but it’s worth it to avoid losing any creative content that could have been used later.
Conclusion And Additional Tips
In conclusion, while recovering deleted TikTok drafts on an iPhone may seem daunting, it is not entirely impossible. By following the tips above and taking preventative measures to back up your drafts frequently, you can avoid losing important content in the future.
Importance Of Saving Drafts Frequently
As someone who frequently creates content on TikTok, it is important to ensure your drafts are saved frequently. Losing drafts can be frustrating and time-consuming, requiring creating new content from scratch.
By saving drafts often, you minimize the risk of losing your work.
Another tip for saving drafts efficiently is to back them up regularly.
This could mean uploading them to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or iCloud to easily access them from different devices or if anything happens to your phone.
It’s also essential to keep the TikTok app updated with the latest features and bug fixes, as these updates often include improvements related to draft-saving functionality.
Backup Drafts To The Cloud
If something happens to my phone, I always back up my TikTok drafts to the cloud. The easiest way to do this is by enabling the auto-save feature. This will automatically save any drafts you create to your device or iCloud account.
For extra security, you can manually upload your videos and drafts to a cloud storage service like Google Drive or Dropbox.
It’s important to remember that data loss can happen anytime, especially regarding digital media on mobile devices.
Keep The TikTok App Updated For The Latest Features And Bug Fixes.
I always make sure to keep my TikTok app updated so that I can take advantage of the latest features and bug fixes. Updating frequently ensures a better user experience and protects against security vulnerabilities.
The app regularly sends out notifications when an update is available, or you can go to the App Store on your iPhone and check for updates manually.
By staying up-to-date with the latest version of TikTok, you’ll have access to new filters, effects, editing tools, and other features that can help enhance your content creation process.
In addition to updating the app, keeping your phone operating system current is essential.
Installing iOS updates improves overall performance and can resolve compatibility issues between apps like TikTok and other third-party software installed on your iPhone.