If you have owned an iPhone long enough, eventually, you’ll get a message saying that your iPhone is full and that you’ll need to delete data to make room.
Naturally, video files will be the first files on the chopping block. You will most likely delete a ton of videos without even a second thought.
Then one day, you’ll realize that one of the videos you deleted wasn’t just a random video. It was one of the most important videos you had! Now it’s gone forever!
Actually, it’s not. In the following article, I’ll explain all the ways you can recover that video you thought was lost forever.
How To Recover Recently Deleted Videos
If you’re iPhone is running iOS 8 or newer, your phone includes built-in recovery tools that can restore deleted videos and other files.
The easiest failsafe to use is utilizing the Recently Deleted Folder. This folder will keep any video you delete from your Photos app for 30 days before erasing it completely.
- Tap on the Photos App and select Albums
- You will find the Recently Deleted folder toward the bottom. Tap on this folder to open it.
- Search through the folder to find the video you would like to recover.
- Tap the video you wish to recover, and a recover option will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Recover and your video will now be restored to your gallery. Go back to the Photos app to find it.
How To Restore Deleted Videos From iPhone Using iCloud backup
All iPhone and other iOS devices come pre-installed with iCloud photos, documents, and other utilities. This implies that your deleted video will be immediately backed up and synchronized to the cloud using iCloud backups.
If the videos were deleted in the last 30 days, the most straightforward approach is to check for them in the recently deleted videos folder. If it’s been more than 30 days, try restoring them from your iCloud Drive:
- Open the iCloud Drive App
- Tap on the Recently Deleted tab.
- Select the videos that you wish to restore.
- Can You Use iPad Charger For iPhone
- Are AirTags Waterproof? 7 Tips to Keep Your AirTags Safe and Dry
- How To Play iMessage Games On Your iPhone And On iOS
How To Recover Deleted Videos From iPhone Using iTunes Backup
iTunes makes it simple to create a backup file for your iPhone. This process has come in handy countless times when I wanted to safeguard all the crucial data on my iOS device.
What’s even better, iTunes automatically backs up every video in your gallery. That means recovering it will be easy if you accidentally delete a video, as long as it was synced to your backup at an earlier date.
The following process is simple, and all you need is a computer (Windows or Mac) and iOS Data Recovery software.
If you’re looking to recover lost videos on your iPhone, our recommended software is the free trial version of Stellar Toolkit for iPhone.
However, if you believe you’ll need it in the future, you may choose a licensed version. Once the download is complete, run the data recovery program:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Select Recover From iTunes Backup File when prompted.
- Next, press Scan. This will compile all the backup contents into a format that your PC or Mac can easily read.
- When the process is done, you will have an easy-to-navigate gallery to choose your file from.
- Select the video that you wish to recover. You can preview each video to make it easier to find.
- Pick the destination you want your restored file to go to, and then confirm your decision.
Can I Recover Permanently Deleted Videos From My iPhone Without backup?
Although it may seem like your deleted videos are gone forever after 30 days, there is still a chance you can recover them. The files are most likely hidden on your iPhone and won’t disappear until you do a force start or reinstall your OS.
Even if the videos don’t show up in the recently deleted folder, this doesn’t mean they’re permanently gone.
Even if you don’t have a backup, you can recover deleted videos from your iPhone. You must still act quickly before it is overwritten in your internal storage. You’ll also need a computer and reliable data recovery software.
Use PhoneRescue To Restore Permanently Deleted Videos
If you’re looking for reliable data recovery software that will give your recovery the best chance of success, I recommend PhoneRescue for iOS. This software performs an extensive Deep Scan of all files in both your iTunes and iCloud backups.
- Download PhoneRescue for iOS. You can use the free or the pro version.
- Connect your device to your computer, then run the software.
- Click on your iOS device. Scroll through all of the options to find Recover. Click on the Right Arrow button to start the recovery process. Click OK to confirm.
- The software will perform a more intense local scan for deleted videos on your iTunes backups. When it’s done, your videos will show up in the interface.
- Select the To Computer button to save all your deleted videos to your computer’s Hard Drive. These files will be presented in a viewable format.
- Lastly, select the videos you wish to recover and the videos you will discard.
PhoneRescue will uncover anything you assumed was gone from your cloud backups. Therefore, it might be best to install the program on a device with plenty of available storage space.
The more storage space there is, the less difficulty it’ll have when choosing an efficient data recovery spot.
I hope you enjoyed this article and managed to recover your lost video files. I know how bad it feels to lose important videos forever, and I hope things turned out better for you.
Which method did you choose to recover your video? Leave a comment below, and please share this article with anyone you know who needs to recover a lost video.