So you’ve invested in a pair of Apple AirPods but are now wondering what kind of protection they come with? Worry no more!
In this blog post, we’ll explore what the AppleCare Cover For AirPods offers to safeguard your wireless earbuds.
We will dive into warranty coverage, accidental damage protection, battery repair services, and more.
- AppleCare+ for AirPods covers hardware defects, battery service, and accidental damage protection for up to two incidents of damage.
- The cost of AppleCare+ for AirPods is $29, which provides extended coverage beyond the one-year limited warranty included with your AirPods.
- Accidental damage coverage extends protection against drops or spills, but normal wear and tear is not covered under this plan. It must be purchased within 60 days of buying AirPods.
- Before purchasing AppleCare+ for AirPods, consider factors such as usage, replacement cost if lost or stolen, future upgrades, and what coverage other insurance options provide.
Understanding AppleCare For AirPods
Coverage For Hardware And Battery Defects
As an AirPods owner, you’ll find comfort in knowing that AppleCare+ provides extensive coverage for hardware and battery defects.
This means that if your AirPods suddenly stop working or face other technical issues due to manufacturing faults, Apple will repair or replace them without additional costs.
On top of this protective shield against hardware malfunctions, AppleCare+ also covers battery service for your beloved earbuds. If you notice a significant decrease in battery life after some time, Apple has got you covered under this plan.
Optional Accidental Damage Coverage
As part of AppleCare+ for AirPods, optional accidental damage coverage is available to protect your earbuds against unfortunate incidents such as drops or spills.
This additional protection covers up to two accidental damage incidents, each incurring a service fee. Without this coverage, any repairs or replacements due to accidental damage would come at an out-of-pocket cost.
It’s important to note that this plan does not cover normal wear and tear and must be purchased within 60 days of buying AirPods.
Cost Of AppleCare
The cost of AppleCare+ for AirPods is $29, which provides extended coverage beyond the one-year limited warranty included with your AirPods.
This additional coverage includes up to two incidents of accidental damage, each subject to a service fee of $29.
With AppleCare+, you can also receive battery service for a fee if it has degraded too much over time or needs replacement.
While some may argue that this cost seems expensive for headphone insurance, the benefits of having peace of mind and protection against accidents could outweigh the initial price.
What Does AppleCare Cover For AirPods?
AppleCare+ for AirPods covers manufacturing defects, battery service, accidental damage coverage, troubleshooting, and technical support.
If your AirPods suffer from manufacturing defects, then AppleCare+ covers you. This includes any issues with the hardware that were not caused by accidental damage or normal wear and tear.
For example, if one of your AirPods stops working due to a defect in its construction, Apple will replace it for free under the warranty.
Additionally, if there are any issues with sound quality or connectivity due to defective materials or workmanship, this is also covered by AppleCare+.
I’ve had my AirPods for a while now and noticed that the battery life is deteriorating. But with AppleCare+ for AirPods, I don’t have to worry about it.
The plan covers battery service if your AirPods or charging case holds less than 80% of their original charge.
If this happens within two years from the date you bought them, you can get a free battery replacement under the plan’s coverage.
However, remember that there will be a service fee if a warranty or AppleCare+ doesn’t cover your issue.
If you use your AirPods all day like me, this added peace of mind is especially useful.
You won’t have to worry about running out of juice prematurely or experiencing related issues because AppleCare+ will cover the battery life.
Accidental Damage Coverage
One of the most significant benefits of AppleCare+ for AirPods is that it provides coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage.
If you accidentally drop your AirPods or expose them to water, Apple will repair or replace them for a service fee.
Accidents happen, and replacing AirPods can be expensive without insurance coverage.
For example, you accidentally dropped one of your AirPods while walking, and it rolls onto the street, where a car drives over it.
Without accidental damage coverage, replacing just one AirPod could cost as much as buying an entirely new set.
Troubleshooting And Technical Support
If you ever encounter any issues with your AirPods, AppleCare+ provides you with technical support and troubleshooting assistance.
Through this service, you can contact Apple experts who will help diagnose and resolve any problems.
If your AirPods require repair or replacement due to a manufacturing defect or battery issue, AppleCare+ also covers the cost of mail-in repairs.
Simply contact Apple Support for further assistance in getting your device serviced.
Is AppleCare For AirPods Worth It?
Find out the benefits of AppleCare+ for AirPods, how it compares to other insurance options, and what factors you should consider before purchasing.
Benefits Of AppleCare+
As someone who always wants peace of mind with my devices, I can confidently say that AppleCare+ is worth considering when it comes to protecting your AirPods.
Here are some key benefits to keep in mind:
- Accidental damage coverage: With AppleCare+, you’ll be covered for up to two incidents of accidental damage, so if you accidentally drop or damage your AirPods, you won’t have to worry about paying for costly repairs.
- Extended warranty: While the standard limited warranty only covers one year of hardware repair and 90 days of support, AppleCare+ extends this coverage for an additional two years, giving you three years of total coverage.
- Battery service: If you experience any issues with your AirPods’ battery life during the coverage period, AppleCare+ will provide battery service for a service fee.
- Product guarantee: With AppleCare+, you’re guaranteed that your device will be repaired using genuine Apple parts by certified technicians. This ensures that your AirPods will continue to function at their best.
- Device repair services: If you need a repair, AppleCare+ makes it easy and convenient to get it done quickly without visiting an Apple Store. You can submit a request online or over the phone and get a replacement shipped to you as soon as the next day.
Overall, while there is a cost associated with purchasing AppleCare+, the extra peace of mind and protection it provides is worth considering – especially when considering the potential costs of repairing or replacing your AirPods without coverage.
Comparison With Other Insurance Options
When contemplating whether to purchase AppleCare+ for your AirPods, comparing it with other available insurance options is essential.
The table below highlights a few key factors that differentiate AppleCare+ for AirPods from alternative insurance plans:
|Accidental Damage Protection
|Theft and Loss Protection
|AppleCare+ for AirPods
|Hardware defects, battery service, and technical support
|Yes (up to 2 incidents)
|Retailer Extended Warranty
|Usually covers hardware defects only
|Depends on the retailer
|Depends on the retailer
|Third-party Gadget Insurance
|Can cover a wide range of issues, including hardware defects, battery service, and technical support
|Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance
|May cover AirPods under personal property coverage
|Depends on the policy
|Yes, if included in the policy
This comparison demonstrates that AppleCare+ for AirPods is a cost-effective option for covering hardware defects, battery service, technical support, and accidental damage protection.
However, suppose you seek coverage for theft and loss. In that case, you may want to explore third-party gadget insurance or check if your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy includes personal property coverage for your AirPods.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing
Before deciding whether to purchase AppleCare+ for AirPods, there are several factors that you should consider.
Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Cost: AppleCare+ for AirPods costs $29, which may or may not be worth it, depending on your budget and how much you use your AirPods.
- Usage: If you frequently use your AirPods and take them on the go, accidental damage protection may be a worthwhile investment. However, the extra coverage may not be necessary if you primarily use them at home or in a low-risk environment.
- Replacement cost: It’s also important to consider the cost of replacing your AirPods if they are lost or stolen. If you cannot afford to replace them without insurance coverage, AppleCare+ may be a good option.
- Warranty coverage: The limited warranty with AirPods covers one year of hardware repair and 90 days of support. Consider whether you need additional coverage beyond this.
- Future upgrades: If you plan on upgrading to newer models of AirPods when they become available, remember that AppleCare+ only covers the specific model of AirPods that you purchased it for.
Considering these factors and weighing the pros and cons of purchasing AppleCare+ for AirPods, you can decide whether it’s right.
Limitations And Exclusions Of AppleCare For AirPods
AppleCare+ for AirPods has certain limitations and exclusions you should know before purchasing.
Exclusions From Coverage
It’s important to note that there are some exclusions from the coverage provided by AppleCare+ for AirPods.
Here are some things that are not covered:
- Damage caused by intentional misuse or abuse of the device.
- Lost or stolen AirPods, as this is not covered under the plan.
- Damage caused by normal wear and tear, including scratches and dents.
- Cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of the device.
- Damage caused by unauthorized repairs or modifications.
- Issues that arise due to software updates or third-party apps.
- Damage is caused by environmental factors such as extreme heat, cold, or moisture.
It’s important to read through the terms and conditions of your AppleCare+ plan carefully so you know exactly what is and isn’t covered.
Understanding these exclusions can help you decide whether AppleCare+ for AirPods is worth it for you and your needs.
Terms And Conditions
It’s important to understand the terms and conditions of your AppleCare+ for AirPods plan. You should be aware of some exclusions to coverage, such as lost or stolen AirPods not being covered.
The plan does not cover any damage caused by normal wear and tear. Reviewing these terms thoroughly before purchasing the plan is essential to clearly understand what is and isn’t covered.
Always remember that AppleCare+ for AirPods must be purchased within 60 days of buying your AirPods, and it covers up to two incidents of accidental damage with a service fee.
What Is Not Covered By AppleCare
One important thing to note is that AppleCare for AirPods does not cover everything.
Here are some things that are not covered by the warranty:
- Lost or stolen AirPods
- Damage caused by intentional acts, misuse, or abuse
- Normal wear and tear of the product
- Cosmetic damage that does not affect the functionality of the device
- Damage caused by exposure to liquids
- Damage caused by extreme environmental conditions or disasters
- Third-party modifications or repairs attempted without Apple’s authorization
- Accessories that are not part of the original packaging
It’s important to read through the terms and conditions of AppleCare before purchasing it, so you know what is covered and what is not.
How To Purchase AppleCare For AirPods
To purchase AppleCare+ for AirPods, add it to your cart at the time of purchase or within 60 days through the Apple Support website – read on to learn more about the benefits and coverage this protection plan provides.
At The Time Of Purchase
When purchasing a new pair of AirPods from Apple, you can add AppleCare+ for an additional $29.
This includes coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage and extends the warranty beyond the standard one-year limited warranty provided by Apple.
It’s important to note that AppleCare+ must be purchased simultaneously as your AirPods, so if you decide later on that you want it, you won’t be able to add it.
Additionally, if you purchase your AirPods from a third-party retailer such as Best Buy or Amazon, you will not have the option to add AppleCare+.
Within 60 Days Of Purchase
If you want to purchase AppleCare+ for your AirPods, it’s essential to do so within 60 days of buying them. This extended warranty coverage offers peace of mind and protection beyond the limited warranty that comes with AirPods as standard.
Without AppleCare+, any repairs or replacements would be subject to fees after the one-year hardware repair coverage expires. Ensure that you activate your AirPods with your Apple ID before purchasing AppleCare+.
Once purchased, you can access technical support via phone or chat, schedule appointments at an Apple Store, and cover up to two incidents of accidental damage.
Through The Apple Support Website
If you missed the chance to purchase AppleCare+ for AirPods at the time of purchase or within 60 days, don’t worry. You can still get coverage for your earbuds by visiting the Apple Support website.
The process is quick and easy; you can complete it in just a few minutes.
Once you’ve purchased AppleCare+ through the support website, your coverage will begin immediately, giving you peace of mind knowing that your AirPods are protected against accidental damage and hardware defects.
Plus, with access to reliable technical support from Apple’s experts, you’ll have all the help you need to keep your devices running smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions About AppleCare For AirPods
What happens if your AirPods are lost or stolen? Can you get a single AirPod replacement with AppleCare+? Find answers to these questions and more in our FAQ section.
Does AppleCare Cover Lost Or Stolen AirPods?
One important thing to note is that AppleCare+ for AirPods does not cover lost or stolen AirPods. If you misplace your headphones or they are stolen, you must purchase a replacement at full cost.
However, suppose you accidentally damage your AirPods or experience hardware issues. In that case, AppleCare+ does provide coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage and extends the limited warranty for hardware repair coverage beyond one year.
Can I Get A Single AirPod Replacement With AppleCare?
Yes, you can get a single AirPod replacement with AppleCare+. If one of your AirPods gets lost or damaged accidentally, you can pay the service fee for a replacement. Replacing a lost or damaged AirPod under AppleCare+ costs $29.
If you lose only one AirPod, you don’t need to spend extra money buying an entire set.
It’s important to note that AppleCare+ covers up to two incidents of accidental damage only. It does not cover normal wear and tear or cosmetic damages like scratches and dents caused by regular use.
Additionally, AppleCare+ for Headphones does not cover lost or stolen AirPods, so it’s essential to keep track of your earbuds’ whereabouts at all times.
Does AppleCare Cover AirPods Pro Replacement Case?
Yes, AppleCare+ for AirPods covers replacing a lost or damaged charging case for AirPods Pro. This coverage extends to up to two incidents of accidental damage during the coverage period of two years.
However, it is important to note that AppleCare+ does not cover cosmetic damage, such as scratches and dents, that do not affect the functionality of the AirPods Pro or its charging case.
In addition, accidental damage is subject to a service fee under AppleCare+.
In conclusion, AppleCare+ for AirPods offers an extended warranty and accidental damage protection that goes beyond the limited warranty. It covers hardware repairs, battery replacements, and up to two incidents of accidental damage.
While it doesn’t cover lost or stolen AirPods, purchasing this protection plan within 60 days of buying them can give you peace of mind knowing that you’re covered against unexpected damages.