If you’re dealing with a problem as frustrating as a faulty MacBook Pro keyboard, you’re not alone. With an average MacBook Pro Keyboard Replacement Cost ranging from $200 to $1,300, it’s no surprise that many MacBook owners are searching for cost-effective solutions.
This blog post is all about exploring different avenues to get your keyboard replaced, from the official Apple store costs under AppleCare+ Extended Warranty to DIY options. Discover how we can help soften the blow on your wallet.
- Replacing a MacBook Pro keyboard can range from $200 to $1,300, depending on the extent of damage and whether you have an AppleCare+ extended warranty.
- Local repair shops typically charge around $125 for a MacBook Pro keyboard replacement, but it’s important to inquire about warranty policies and the quality of replacement parts.
- DIY replacement is an option with costs ranging from $20 to $45 for a replacement keyboard, but be cautious as self-repair may void warranties, and professional assistance should be sought if needed.
Official Apple Store Cost with AppleCare+ Extended Warranty
Entrusting your MacBook Pro keyboard repair to the official Apple store is beneficial, especially if you have the AppleCare+ extended warranty.
Under this coverage, eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and even newer MacBook Pro keyboards can be serviced at no cost.
However, it’s crucial to verify if your model qualifies for this program before proceeding.
Without a doubt, the protection plan offered by AppleCare+ offers significant savings.
If your laptop doesn’t fall under their free keyboard replacement program or you don’t have an extended warranty, prepare to shell out anywhere from $200 to $1,300, depending on the extent of damage and specific repairs needed.
The typical charge for a non-warranty-covered MacBook Pro keyboard replacement is around $125 — but remember that this does not include costs associated with water or liquid-damaged keyboards.
Purchasing replacement parts for your device isn’t a problem, as they are readily available through authorized centers and stores online.
All these details make understanding the cost of replacing a MacBook Pro keyboard at an official Apple store essential before deciding to repair your device.
Local Shops MacBook Pro Keyboard Replacement Cost
Local shops can be a convenient option for repairing your MacBook Pro keyboard. The cost of repair at these shops can vary depending on the specific issue and the location you are in.
On average, you can expect to pay around $125 for a MacBook Pro keyboard replacement at local repair shops. However, this price may not include keyboards damaged by water or other liquids.
It’s always a good idea to check with multiple local repair shops and compare their prices before deciding. Additionally, inquire about their warranty policies and the quality of replacement parts they use.
Doing so ensures that your MacBook Pro will be repaired properly without breaking the bank.
Remember, if your MacBook is still under warranty or covered by AppleCare+ extended warranty, it is recommended to contact Apple or an authorized service provider first, as eligible keyboard repairs may be serviced free of charge.
Also, consider checking online resources for information on fixing MacBook keyboard keys or where to buy replacement keys if needed.
Overall, finding a reliable local shop for MacBook Pro keyboard repairs can provide convenience and save you money compared to going through official channels. Just make sure to do your research beforehand so that you get the best quality service at an affordable price.
If you’re a handy Apple MacBook owner and want to save some money, you may consider replacing the keyboard yourself.
Here’s what you need to know about the DIY cost:
- The cost of a replacement keyboard for your MacBook Pro can range from $20 to $45, depending on the model, year, and type of keyboard needed.
- Tools needed for the replacement may include a small Phillips screwdriver, a spudger or plastic opening tool, and possibly adhesive strips or glue.
- Online tutorials and step-by-step guides are available to help you through the process.
- It’s important to note that self-repairing your MacBook Pro may void any remaining warranty or service agreements.
- Take extra caution during the repair process to avoid damaging other components inside your laptop.
- In case you encounter any difficulties or uncertainties during the repair, seeking professional assistance is always recommended.
In conclusion, the cost of replacing a MacBook Pro keyboard can vary depending on where you go for repairs and the specific issue with your keyboard. It is recommended to check with Apple or authorized repair centers for an accurate quote.
However, it’s worth noting that during the butterfly keyboard era, Apple spent billions on warranty-related issues, prompting them to offer a free replacement program for all butterfly switch keyboards.
So if you’re experiencing keyboard problems with your MacBook Pro, there are options to get it fixed without breaking the bank.