Connecting them without a case may pose more of a problem. We are going to cover that more in this article.
Turning on AirPods Without The Case
Airpods will come on once if you remove them from the charging case and insert them into your ears.
The charging case does not have to be powered for the Airpods to work. It’s also not necessary to wait for the normal pop-up you get every time you take out your headphones. If the case is dead, you can still connect the AirPods. The AirPods will, however, need to be charged prior to such scenarios.
Also, your iPhone must have already been paired with the AirPods before. If it’s a new device, you’ll need the case if you need to make a fresh connection. You must first charge the case before connecting the AirPods to the iPhone in order to achieve that too.
How to Connect AirPods Without The Case
SharePlay is another of the many functions available on iPhones and iPads. The ability to watch TV shows and movies, play games while chatting on video, work out, and listen to music, are recent additions to SharePlay. The AirPods can also be connected to SharePlay without a case. Here is how to go about it:
- You need to head to your control center first.
- Click on the audio card, which is at the top-right corner of the control panel.
- Then click the SharePlay icon.
- Now choose the AirPods from the list of Bluetooth devices that are currently paired.
When it’s finished, your already-paired AirPods will conveniently connect to the smartphone without the need for a case. Please keep in mind that you must pair your AirPods with the iPad first before performing the identical procedure on an iPad.
Not having a handy AirPods case is one of the annoying scenarios iOS users might encounter. The useful auto-pairing functionality won’t function without it. Thankfully, Apple’s AirPlay function offers a clever workaround. The primary use of AirPlay is to stream media from your phone to Apple TV, Speakers, and other smart TVs. However, as AirPlay relates to audio, we can still use it to connect with AirPods while they are not in their case. This is how:
- First, activate Bluetooth.
- To do this, tap the Bluetooth icon in the Control Center by swiping down from the top-left of your screen.
- In the top-right of the menu, tap the Audio Card.
- Select the AirPlay button.
- Choose the AirPods that you’ve already paired.
And you’re set.
3. For Android
In many aspects, your Android phone will handle AirPods differently from an iOS phone. Basically, Android will treat your AirPods similarly to any other Bluetooth device. This implies that they can reconnect without the case. Here’s how to activate AirPods on an Android phone without a case.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to Connections and choose Bluetooth.
- To finish the procedure, choose the AirPods that you’ve already paired before.
And you’re set. Note: For this to function, your AirPods must previously have been paired with your Android phone.
4. For Windows PC
Your Windows Laptop will treat your AirPods as standard Bluetooth headphones, just like with Android smartphones. Connecting your AirPods to a Windows PC will also run smoothly once you’ve already connected the Bluetooth headphones to your computer prior. Here’s how to go about it:
- In the Windows search bar, type in “Bluetooth.”
- Then you’ll see “Bluetooth and other device settings.” Click on that.
- It will take you to the “Bluetooth and other device settings” interface where you’ll see the list of bluetooth devices you’ve previously connected to, under “Audio.”.
- To start the connection, locate and choose your AirPods from the list.
And you’re set.
5. For Mac
Surprisingly, the Mac behaves less like a Mac and more like a Windows PC when connecting AirPods. Because of this, pairing AirPods without a case with a Mac is rather straightforward. This is how:
- On your screen, click the Bluetooth icon in the upper right corner.
- Choose your AirPods from the list of available devices.
And you’re set. It goes without saying that you must have connected the AirPods prior.
- How To Connect My AirPods To Roku TV?
- How to Check AirPods Battery on Android
- What Does AirPods Blinking Red Mean And How Do You Fix It?
- How to Fix Ghost Touch on iPhone
Can You Charge AirPods Without The Case
If you are not a highly qualified electrical engineer, inserting random cables into your AirPods is risky. It is specifically intended that only an AirPods case and nothing else can be used to charge AirPods. Simple fixes like a small pin case seem like a clever hack, but they could end up being harmful. You might damage your AirPods or even hurt yourself if you do this. As apps are not energy sources, they will not be able to charge your AirPods. There might be apps that check your battery level, but they cannot charge it.
Avoid dubious websites that claim differently.
The best thing to do if you don’t have your airpod case is to either get a new AirPods case or have your current one fixed. Do this directly with Apple, not a third party, please. Ordering from Apple Support assures that you won’t receive a fraudulent item, and in the event of a problem, a second replacement is simple to obtain.
Can You Connect AirPods With A Different Case
Yes, you can use a separate case to connect your AirPods. But, the case has to be compatible with your AirPods. You can only use an AirPods Pro case for an Airpods Pro. The procedure is fairly easy.
- Ensure that the case is appropriate for your AirPods. Remember that while gen 1 and gen 2 cases are compatible, AirPod Pro is incompatible.
- Place the AirPods in the case that is appropriate. The moment the AirPods are put in, there ought to be a magnetic click.
- Wait 30 seconds before closing the lid.
- When the light starts to flash orange, open the lid.
- Hold down the setup button (on the back of the charging case) until a white light flashes.
- A popup animation will show on your phone’s screen after you unlock it.
- Just tap “connect!” and you are set. Your AirPods and the case are now connected, and you may charge the case.
If the AirPods case is temporary and you’re looking to disconnect it, here’s how to go about it:
- Put the AirPods in its charging case. Close the case.
- After waiting for 30 seconds, open the case with the AirPods inside.
- On your device. Go to your Bluetooth settings and locate the AirPods.
- When you tap the information symbol, a menu ought to show. You’ll see “forget this device,” click on that.
- Now hold down the case’s rear button.
- Once the light blinks orange, release the button.
- Now that the reset is complete, you can take out your AirPods.
Why Do You Really Need The Case
Since there are a couple of workarounds when you don’t have your case, you might discount how much you need a case for your AirPods. The truth is, you still NEED your charging case, very much. In fact, the AirPods case is used for a number of reasons:
- The setup button: You can reset your AirPods and manually connect to a non-iOS device, like an Android phone, using this button.
- Automatic pairing: When your AirPods case is opened, your AirPods will immediately pair with any iOS devices you’ve previously paired with. You can just take out your AirPods and start moving if your case is with you.
- Charging: To power your AirPods while you’re on the go, the AirPods case contains a charging port and can hold several additional full charges.
- Status check for AirPods: You may check your AirPods status by looking at the blinking light on the casing. For instance, if your AirPods are blinking orange, that indicates a pairing issue.
- Protection: This is the most evident of all the reasons why the case is so important for your AirPods. It shields the earbuds from damage from the outside world.
If you don’t have your charging case, you’ll need to use SharePlay or Airplay on an iPhone. You now know how to turn on your AirPods without the case if you’re constantly on the go and find it inconvenient to bring the case with you everywhere.
However, it’s a little different for Android, Windows, and even Mac devices, but we’ve extensively covered that in this article. So, if you have any issues turning on/connecting your AirPods without the case, you’re covered.